Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Childish Generosity


We've been trying to teach the boys to stop being selfish and to start caring about others. Last night was a rare golden moment of success. We arrived home from our evening VBS and played on the driveway together as it got dark. Benjamin had somehow gotten 2 bags of candy from VBS and Ethan had none. Voluntarily, Benjamin gave an entire bag of his candy to Ethan. Nothing like this has ever happened before. I was pretty sure I could hear angels singing from the skies. Out of nowhere, Ethan (4 yrs) tightly closed his eyes and started praying, "Dear God, thank you that Ben was so nice and gave me his bag of candy. I can't wait to eat it..." Are prayers allowed to be funny? LaVonna and I couldn't stop laughing. I'm pretty sure God was laughing too. "In everything give thanks." I Thessalonians 5:18.

No comments:

Post a Comment